Learn about the Individual Development Account (IDA) Program
Karina Potestio of Luna expanded her small business by
purchasing a sewing machine through the MCNW grant
matching program. - Photo: Bruce MacGregor for MercyCorps
Our IDA program can help your business grow by matching your savings with a small business grant.
Once you have established your IDA savings account and have saved $1,334, Mercy Corps Northwest will match this with $4,000. You then have the total of $5,334 to expand your small business.
- Attend an Orientation about MCNW programs
- Complete and submit an IDA application
- Meet with IDA staff to get enrolled
- Save monthly in your IDA account. You choose the savings period: 6 to 24 months.
- Complete the Business Foundations Course
- Attend 1 Seminar
- Attend 2 Business Counseling Events
- Complete your business plan!
- Come in for an IDA disbursal meeting to start purchasing your business assets
- Application Fee: None
- Business Foundations Course: $150 (Scholarships up to $75 are available for individuals living on a low income.)
- Seminar: $20 (Free seminar coupon given with course completion)
- 2 Business Plan Counseling Events: $20 each (Free seminar coupon given with counseling completion) Total Program Cost: $200