Seeding Change in Small Businesses and Communities
Mercy Corps Northwest programs work to increase economic self-sufficiency and community integration through microenterprise development and self-employment. We assist low-income current and aspiring small-business owners throughout Oregon and Washington in order to reduce unemployment, grow personal incomes and assets, and increase economic growth.
Our mission runs parallel to the mission of our parent organization, Mercy Corps:
To alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
• Business seminars, courses and trainings
• Small business loans
• Individual Development Accounts (IDAs)
• Reentry programs and resources to assist formerly incarcerated individuals.
• Agricultural programs to help recent refugees and immigrants start small-scale farm enterprises.
We designed our programs to achieve the following outcomes for our clients:
- Increased income
- Asset and net worth accumulation
- Community integration
- Housing stability