Year-round Mercy Corps Northwest offers alternative loans, grants and small business education to business owners across the Pacific Northwest – spanning from Seattle to Portland. In early June, we asked the Black business owners across our community to share how we can best support their businesses. One of the asks we heard repeatedly was for more grant opportunities for Black-owned businesses. We heard the feedback clearly.
Today, we are happy to share that we will be opening a grant program specifically targeted toward offering grants to Black business owners in the Portland Metro Area. Our grant process will be a rolling award schedule with an application period from July 20 at 8 a.m. PST to July 22 at 5 p.m. PST. Grants will be awarded from a minimum of $2,500 to a maximum of $5,000.
- Current annual household income must be at or under 80% AMI (refer to OR IDA Income Limit Chart, for Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Columbia counties)
- 50% or more black-owned
- Applicant must have a Social Security Number (SSN), Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business located in Portland Metro Area. We will prioritize applicants in Multnomah, Clackamas, Columbia, and Washington counties.
What you need to apply
- Applicant must have a checking account to receive ACH grant funds
- A copy of applicant’s ID
- Proof of income not required to apply but may be requested upon selection
Questions? Send them to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in this program the application period is closed and no additional submissions will be accepted. To stay up-to-date with Mercy Corps Northwest sign up for our newsletter here.
This application has expired.