We are happy that you are interested in joining the MCNW IDA program!
- We will only consider the first 75 applications received in each enrollment session and the online application will close once 75 complete applications have been received. Any applications received by mail after that time will be returned to the applicant. If you aren’t able to have your application considered in this round, never fear! We will have another application period coming up in just a few months. Here is the schedule:
- Mid-May, 2018: Application Period
- Future application periods TBA
Checklist: With your filled out application you also must submit copies of the following:
1) Copy of Oregon ID (or utility bill/lease agreement)
2) Last year’s tax return (If you did not do your taxes, include a statement explaining why)
3) 1 months bank statement from each bank account in the household (personal and business):
3) Proof of income eligibility:
If you were certified to receive LIEAP, Low-Income Tax Credit Properties, Public housing, Section 8, SNAP, TANF, and/or WIC, then you do not have to provide proof of earned income. Just submit proof of eligibility within the last 12 months, on letterhead or some other official document.
If that doesn’t apply to you, please submit one or more of the following forms of proof of earned income for last 2 months:
– pay stubs showing gross income
– letter of employment–if you do not receive pay stubs or are working “under the table,” please provide a letter that includes the following information: your name, hours worked over the last two months/pay rate, and signature of employer.
– A 2-month profit and loss statement if you have income from self-employment. A profit and loss sheet should show all of your business expenses, which are then subtracted from your gross sales to show your profit. It doesn’t have to be fancy, but it should allow us to understand how much you are bringing home from your self-employment.
4) An explanation of any special circumstances to be considered (no more than half a page, please)
In some cases we reserve the right to ask for detailed personal and business bank statements for last 2 months for all household members (must have name and account number on the top).
IDA applications will not be considered unless the application is fully filled out (including short essay questions) and ALL required documents are submitted. If you are filling out the application online, you should scan the documents in advance and have them ready to upload to your application. If you do not have access to a scanner, you can mail in or bring in the supporting documents. However, your application will not be considered complete until they are received.
Because the federal government terminated Assets for Independence, the grant program that we depended upon to support our IDA program, we are now asking for a $50 processing fee for each application to help support our operations. Applications without the processing fee will not be considered complete. All applicants will receive a coupon code for a free Mercy Corps NW business seminar (worth $25).
Email: Olga Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (503) 896-5078
Mercy Corps Northwest
Attn: Olga Johnson
43 SW Naito Parkway
Portland, OR 97204