TRAIN: Complete required hours of business training or other technical assistance such as credit counseling, financial literacy, and tax preparation.
PLAN: Submit a business plan for approval. Templates are available and your training will help you.
BUY: After all requirements are met, receive a $4,000 grant for your business.
- Business located within Walla Walla County, Columbia County, and City of Milton Freewater
- Business is a for-profit microbusiness with five(5) or fewer employees (including owner(s))
- Source of earned income to make a monthly savings deposit of at least $84
- Household net worth of less than $178,900 (assets minus liabilities)
- Yearly gross adjusted household income less than 80% AMI (area median income) as indicated below
|Family size||Income limit|
Our Micro-Business Assistance Program offers aspiring entrepreneurs an IDA Grant and relevant business education to start or grow their small business.
Applications for the 2021 Program will open on January 4th, 2021.
Apply below:English Application Client Directory
Interested in applying, but not sure if the MBA program is right for you yet?
You can attend one of our three short info sessions, hosted via Zoom. The info sessions will cover a general overview of the program, eligibility requirements, how and where to apply, as well as a Q&A session. Dates and times are:
Wednesday, December 16th from 6pm-7pm (Spanish): https://zoom.us/j/94185543579
Wednesday, December 23rd from 11am-12pm (English): https://zoom.us/j/97267417064
Wednesday, January 6th from 6pm-7pm (both English and Spanish): https://zoom.us/j/95361315061
Need help working on your application?
We will be hosting three application workshops in January and February to assist applicants as they work through their applications, and to help answer any questions that may arise. Dates and times are: