Go To Course Resources
- Complete Track Your Spending.
- Read Elevator Speech with a Unique Value Proposition.
- Read Business Structure FAQ’s.
- Review the pro’s and con’s of Legal Entities.
- Read and complete Registration, Licensing and Taxes.
- Register your business (if ready).
- Find the license that you need.
- You may prefer to use the new Business Xpresspage for registering and licensing.
- Complete Week 1 Review
- Join the Foundations Facebook page for updates and events.
- Complete Track Your Spending 2.
- Begin work on Start-up/Expansion Costs sheet.
- Read Facts for Consumers.
- Check your own credit report.
- Write and practice your 15 Word UVP for class presentation.
- Complete Week 2 Review
- Start Competition Comparison.
- Begin Overhead Costs sheet.
- Read Conducting Focus Groups.
- Fill out Foundations Focus Group Request Form if you would like to get class feedback.
- Complete Analyze Your Target Market Questions.
- Complete first week of Monthly Spending Tracker.
- Complete Week 3 Review
- Complete Conducting a Focus Group.
- Complete Target Market Worksheet.
- Read Ideas for Marketing Your Business, and choose 4 ideas that you are not already doing. Bring to class.
- Complete What is a Typical Unit of Sale?
- Complete Competition Comparison from Week 3.
- Complete second week of Monthly Spending Tracker.
- Fill out Foundations Focus Group Request Form and send to instructor, if you would like to get class feedback.
- Complete Week 4 Review
- Read About the Business Plan
- Complete 3 month Marketing Plan
- Read Costs of a Typical Unit of Sale.
- Complete Typical Unit of Sale Worksheet.
- Complete Break Even Exercise for your business.
- Complete Demographic Research.
- Perfect your final UVP (Elevator Speech) for class presentation.
- Complete third week of Monthly Spending Tracker.
- Sign up for MicroMentor and join the Mercy Corps Northwest Group.
- Complete Week 5 Review
- Set up appointments for 1:1 Business Counseling.
- Study for class The Business Plan Pieces.
- Find Business Plan Template
- Attend relevant seminars for your business.
- Complete Week 6 Review
- Get involved in Mercy Corps NW events.
- Continue to research and network!
Need to make up a class? Use our upcoming classes calendar to find the dates of a later course. Simply drop-in and add your name to the bottom of the attendance sheet and your makeup will be recorded. Contact the training team with questions or requests for makeup dates.