Our Request For Proposals (RFP) is now open for organizations that are interested in hosting an AmeriCorps VISTA member for the August 2020-21 service year.
Deadline for applications is April 3rd, 2020. Organizations are encouraged to apply early, as we accept sites and recruit VISTA members on a rolling basis. For RFP and application materials, contact VISTA Program Supervisor, Olivia Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Potential VISTA Host Sites:
- Potential partnering organizations must be one of the following:
- Public, private, or faith-based nonprofit organization (must have 501c3 status)**
- Local, state, or federal agency
- Tribal government
**For-profit entities—even those that are active in the community and/or are designated as a social enterprise—are not eligible to apply for a VISTA. We encourage you to connect with our business development services team if you would like support in expanding your business.
- VISTA projects must focus on expanding economic opportunity through one of the following program areas:
- Housing access & affordable housing
- Homeless Services
- Workforce development & job training
- Asset development (including IDA programs)
- Financial literacy
- Community development initiatives
- Disaster preparedness
- Organizations must have a focus on fighting poverty in the community as VISTAs are not to be used for the purposes of providing general services; they may only focus on poverty alleviation.
- Organizations will be asked to clearly demonstrate how their proposed VISTA programs address systemic rather than immediate needs.
- Sites must be willing to follow all federal regulations concerning the VISTA program, one of which is a prohibition on members performing direct service.
- Members cannot replace staff or fill a position that was recently vacated by staff.
- Host organizations must provide a physical office location, substantial supervision, adequate organizational infrastructure, and all materials necessary to completing the VISTA project.
- Most years, we require a cash match of between $7,000 and $9,000. We endeavor to keep our match as low as possible while ensuring a high-quality experience for our members.
We operate two recruitment cycles. Our Request For Proposal (RFP) is typically released September 1 and due mid-October for sites that will commence in March. Another RFP is opened February 1 and due by April 1 for sites that will commence in late August.
If you are a qualified agency with a project focused on economic development, housing, job skills training, asset building, or distaster services and interested in developing a VISTA project for your organizations, please contact:
VISTA Program Supervisor
Phone: (503) 896-5094
See our CURRENT VISTA SITES for more information on our current project partners.