Our Request For Proposals (RFP) is currently closed for organizations that are interested in hosting an AmeriCorps VISTA member. We will open our next RFP on February 1st, 2020 for project applications to be included in our August 2020-2021 cohort. Please check back here for more information during that time or reach out to VISTA Program Supervisor, Olivia Rasmussen, at any time for more information on hosting an AmeriCorps VISTA member.
Organizations are highly recommended to consult with the VISTA Program Supervisor prior to submitting a full application to discuss the potential project.
Guidelines for Potential VISTA Host Sites:
- Potential partnering organizations must be one of the following:
- Public, private, or faith-based nonprofit organization (must have 501c3 status)**
- Local, state, or federal agency
- Tribal government
**For-profit entities—even those that are active in the community and/or are designated as a social enterprise—are not eligible to apply for a VISTA. We encourage you to connect with our business development services team if you would like support in expanding your business.
- VISTA projects must focus on expanding economic opportunity through one of the following program areas:
- Housing access & affordable housing
- Homeless Services
- Workforce development & job training
- Asset development (including IDA programs)
- Financial literacy
- Community development initiatives
- Disaster preparedness
- Organizations must have a focus on fighting poverty in the community as VISTAs are not to be used for the purposes of providing general services; they may only focus on poverty alleviation.
- Organizations will be asked to clearly demonstrate how their proposed VISTA programs address systemic rather than immediate needs.
- Sites must be willing to follow all federal regulations concerning the VISTA program, one of which is a prohibition on members performing direct service.
- Members cannot replace staff or fill a position that was recently vacated by staff.
- Host organizations must provide a physical office location, substantial supervision, adequate organizational infrastructure, and all materials necessary to completing the VISTA project.
- Most years, we require a cash match of between $7,000 and $9,000. We endeavor to keep our match as low as possible while ensuring a high-quality experience for our members.
We operate two recruitment cycles. Our Request For Proposal (RFP) is typically released September 1 and due mid-October for sites that will commence in March. Another RFP is opened February 1 and due by April 1 for sites that will commence in late August.
If you are a qualified agency with a project focused on economic development, housing, job skills training, asset building, or distaster services and interested in developing a VISTA project for your organizations, please contact:
VISTA Program Supervisor
Phone: (503) 896-5094
See our CURRENT VISTA SITES for more information on our current project partners.