Legal Consulting with Zac Padgett, May 21, 2020
Are All Your Legal Bases Covered?
Whether you need help deciding whether to form an LLC or corporation or can’t tell the difference between an independent contractor and an employee, a one-on-one consultation with a lawyer can help you navigate the legal issues your business might face.
- Determine which type of legal entity is appropriate for your business
- Determine whether you need an operating agreement or a partnership agreement; discuss any other contract you may need reviewed
- Discuss the protections that are available for your intellectual property
- Identify employment-related legal issues for your business, including distinguishing between independent contractors and employees
- Note: Each session lasts 50 minutes. Please bring specific questions or documents to review, and arrive ten minutes early for your session to complete the required intake paperwork.
- You must be a Mercy Corps Northwest loan client or Foundations student having completed Week 4. If you do not meet these criteria, we may still be able to work with you—please call (503) 896-5086.
- Cost: $25 each session, advanced registration required.
- For the purposes of consultations at Mercy Corps Northwest, our services are limited to business law and do not cover criminal law, domestic relations, or patent or family law.
About the Consultant
Zac advises new and growing companies on legal issues and serves primarily as outside in-house counsel. Zac’s practice focuses on corporate and transactional law with an emphasis on governance, investments, crowdfunding, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property licensing, and third-party contract negotiation.
REFUND POLICY: Refunds are available up to one week prior to the start of the class. If you are unable to attend, we will do our best to accommodate your situation. Registration is not complete without payment.