Legal Consulting with Zac Padgett, January 9, 2018
Are All Your Legal Bases Covered?
Whether you need help deciding whether to form an LLC or corporation or can’t tell the difference between an independent contractor and an employee, a one-on-one consultation with a lawyer can help you navigate the legal issues your business might face.
- Determine which type of legal entity is appropriate for your business
- Determine whether you need an operating agreement, partnership agreement, discuss any other contract you may need reviewed
- Discuss the protections that are available for your intellectual property
- Identify employment related legal issues for your business, including distinguishing between independent contractors and employees
- Note: Each session is 50 minutes. Please bring specific questions or documents to review and arrive 10 min early for your session to complete the required intake paperwork.
- You must be a Mercy Corps Northwest loan client or Foundations student having completed up to Week 4. If you do not meet this criteria, we may still be able to work with you—please call (503) 896-5087.
- Cost: $25 each session, advanced registration required.
- For the purposes of consultations at Mercy Corps Northwest, our services are limited to business law and do not cover criminal law, domestic relations, patent or family law.
About the Consultant
Zac advises new and growing companies on legal issues and serve primarily as outside in-house counsel. Zac’s practice focuses on corporate and transactional law with an emphasis on governance, investments, crowdfunding, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property licensing and third-party contract negotiation.
Register for This Event
Register for This Event (1 seats left)