The RTC is here to help you, your family member or client successfully transition back into the community.
How it Works
Our Navigation Support will help you access:
- Access to phone, email, fax, internet, mailbox
- Alcohol and drug assessments
- Housing Referrals
- Clothing and Hygiene products
Long term goals:
- Employment assistance, interview clothing and job skills training
- Education and vocational training
- Driver’s License Reinstatement
- Parenting and family reconciliation programs
- Alcohol and drug treatment
- Healthcare and dental treatment
- Faith-based or peer-to-peer mentoring
- Assistance with navigating self-employment and disability services
- Currently on Probation, Parole, Bench Probation, Post-Prison Supervision, or Close Street Supervision in MULTNOMAH COUNTY
Learn More about the Reentry Transition Center
Why prisoner reentry in Portland?
Over 2,500 individuals are released from jail back into the communities of Multnomah County each year, the highest of all Oregon counties. Former prisoners are often released with little or no assets, limited ties to the community, and low awareness of available services and programs to help.
What is the history of the RTC?
In September 2009 the RTC began as a partnership of 7 non-profit organizations funded by a three year grant from the United Way. It was subsequently awarded funding by the Justice Assistance Grant administered by the State of Oregon through Multnomah County Department of Community Justice.
What are the objectives of prison reentry programs?
The RTC has several goals:
- Assist formerly incarcerated individuals in connecting with communities by providing for their immediate needs and navigation to essential services
- Foster safer and more stable communities for everyone by increasing the rate of successful reintegration
- Promote systemic change in how we approach reentry by incorporating coordinated community-based resources
- Provide evidence-based best practices that prove the cost effectiveness of our approach
New Participants Orientation: 10:00am every Friday @ the RTC. No registration required
Find the RTC : 1818 NE Martin Luther King Blvd, Suite C Portland, OR 97212
Hours: 9:00 – 5:00 (M-Th) 9:00 – 4:00 (Fridays)
PUBLIC TRANSIT: MAX: Blue or Red Lines- Convention Ctr stop & walk 8 blocks north Bus: Line 17 Broadway -Stops 605 or 622 Line #6 MLK Stop 5897 Streetcar: CL Line- NE Grand & Broadway Stop #13617