Our goal is to make business education accessible to everyone in our community. We provide income-based partial scholarships for our Business Foundations I course, a comprehensive introduction to successfully launching a small business. Follow the steps outlined on this page to submit your application.
- We are only able to grant ten scholarships per course. If you are not awarded a scholarship for your desired class you will be notified
- Applications must be received one week before the start of class to be considered.
- Register for a Business Foundations I class after you have submitted your application and received approval. No partial refunds are available.
- If you are approved for a scholarship, you will receive a unique scholarship code by email to apply to your registration. This will automatically reduce the total amount to be paid.
- Scholarship codes are valid for 1 month following the award date. If you are unable to redeem your scholarship prior to expiration, you may submit a new application with updated documentation of income.
- Business Foundations I is the only class for which we offer a scholarship.
Apply for a Scholarship
STEP 1: QUALIFY
Scholarship amounts are determined by comparing:
Your annual gross income (AGI) TO Current Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
Use this table to see if you earn less than 150% of the FPL
||150% of FPL
Scholarship Amounts. We offer a $85.00 scholarship reducing the cost of the training to $115.00.
STEP 2: DOCUMENT PROOF OF INCOME
Depending on your status, you must provide the following documentation:
- If you are currently employed… the most current pay stub which indicates your gross amount of pay (either dollar amount per pay period or hourly rate) the number of hours you work per pay period, and how often you are paid.
- If you are self-employed… the most current income tax return.
- If you are retired… the most current amounts you are receiving as indicated on Social Security statement, 1099, or other document.
- If you are receiving assistance… whether it is your primary source of income or in addition to your income, from agencies such as SSI, Disability, Unemployment Compensation, Social Security, etc., or receiving income from other sources such as child support, we need documentation reflecting the most current amounts you are receiving and the providing agency.
- If you are unemployed and not receiving any form of income or assistance… please provide us with a letter explaining your situation and the need for scholarship assistance.
Fill it out completely and include your income documentation. Applications are processed once a week. If you have any questions please let us know.