Working together to build more just, productive
and resilient communities in the Pacific NW.
At Mercy Corps NW, we believe
- In the ability of all people to thrive, not just survive.
- In investing in motivated individuals and hard-working families who are ready to act on their potential.
- In creating positive systemic change at the individual and community levels.
- In collaboration and building community platforms for the common good.
That with access to the right resources and training, people can create opportunities for themselves.
Everyone should have the opportunity to improve their life regardless of their background. By investing in those without ready access to resources, existing economic disparities will become more equitable and motivated, hard working individuals and families will have opportunities to break intergenerational cycles of poverty for good.
As an organization, we value:
- Initiative: The personal responsibility of all people to take action to improve their lives and the communities in which they live.
- Opportunity: Creating just systems and equitable access to resources.
- Innovation:Being entrepreneurial, continually creating and applying better solutions to meet the challenges faced by the communities and people we serve.
- Collaboration: Drawing on the experience and expertise of others to achieve common goals.
- Stewardship: Being good stewards of resources entrusted to us.
- Continual Learning: Being self-reflective as individuals and as an organization, always striving to deepen the understanding of who we are and the mission we serve.
Non Profit Status
MCNW is the U.S. economic development office of Mercy Corps, the Portland-based international relief and development agency. Mercy Corps Northwest is the assumed business name for the 501(C)3 non-profit, Mercy Enterprise Corporation, established in 1998. The organization was incorporated in the State of Oregon on 3/16/2001, received nonprofit status on 6/17/02 and on 5/28/02 received U.S. Treasury designation as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).